Aug 15, 2006

Rhianna Says "No" to Nudity

Rihanna has turned down an offer to pose topless for a German magazine and has declared that she will be covering up more in future. The Bajan beauty said she wanted people to concentrate more on her music rather than her body. "I don't like to wear things (that are) too skimpy... If I do shorts on the bottom, it's gotta be something very conservative at the top. If it's skimpy at the top, it's gotta be long jeans or something. I like to balance it out. I won't do short shorts and short top. That's what I admire so much about Alicia Keys. She became so successful off of just her music. She was really conservative about her style at first.” She also criticized the Barbados Nation Newspaper for a misleading photo of her in September 2005 which caused uproar in her native island. "I went to the beach and I had on a one-piece swimsuit with jeans, but the swimsuit, obviously, it had the back out and stuff, the sides out. They took the picture and they made it look like it was a top that was really revealing... There were call-in (radio) programmes about it... It was a big deal for, like, three weeks straight - talking about I'm not setting a good example," she said. Rhianna is set to perform here in Trinidad and Tobago alongside Grammy Award winning artist John Legend on August 26th for the b2 concert. Source: Islandevents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...