Dec 19, 2006

Gyptian detained at Grantley Adams International Airport

Gyptian was detained at Grantley Adams International Airport yesterday, but no one seems to be able to say why. The 23-year-old was returning from St Vincent where he performed, en route to Jamaica, when Immigration held him and five other members of his party. Gyptian performed in Barbados last Saturday night to a packed gymnasium of the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex.According to the Daily Nation Gyptian said "They dealt with me like I was a criminal. Me nah know what me get held for, for about two hours they have me in a room like I am a criminal. But I know I am not a criminal, and I don't sing bad songs. I went to St Vincent, played well, came back, my flight was delayed until tomorrow (today), and they had me in a room like I am some thief," he said, adding the bad experience would not deter him from returning to Barbados. "I won't make them mash up my good vibrations with Barbados. Bajan people are lovely. Everyone here showed me love," he said. Meantime when the Acting Chief Immigration Officer, Airport, Rodney Farrell, was contacted to clarify the incident, he said he was too busy to come to the phone. source:islandevents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...