May 8, 2007

Red Rat Banned?

Dancehall fans have been stunned by the latest move by the Broadcasting Commission to ban Red Rat's popular It Good song because of the use of the word 'glamity' in one of the verses. "I just got word that it was banned from Hitz and FAME because they said that I used the word 'glamity'. I can't believe it all now, they ban my song because of that word and yet you have man ah kill people inna song, mi nah call no name, and yet he is not banned," an incensed Red Rat told One876Entertainment.

"I won't accept it, my management is writing a letter to the Broadcasting Commission right now, I don't understand this at all, 'glamity' is not even in the dictionary, it is not a swear word, it is a Jamaican slang term, and my song is not even derogatory, it is bigging up the girls dem," Red Rat, who buried his father a few weeks ago, said. Red Rat is known for the dancehall girls, Shelly Ann and Charlene Have Pretty Car Eye. source: Technorati Cosmos: related links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...