Jun 6, 2007

VBS Ryan Duffy Vibed out by Vybz Kartel

For all for the lily-white warnings about staying out of Kingston when we traveled to Jamaica, everyone we met there was super nice and light-years more helpful and friendly than your average New Yorker. The only time I was legitimately scared on our whole trip was meeting Vybz Kartel. I don’t even know if I can put a finger on why, dude was just menacing. He showed up at the studio right at the point when we had given up on him ever surfacing. We were literally in the car on the way home, when he rolled up with a serious crew of about eight folks (scary dudes and hot girls exclusively--a proper entourage), wearing sunglasses (it was about midnight), and smoking a joint the size of a baby’s leg.

He didn’t say much, and I’m not sure it was all the shit I heard about the recent feud with Mavado or what, but when he did start speaking I got goosebumps. He answered questions with the kind of self-assured cockiness you could expect from some popular US hip-hop star, only his attitude seemed grounded in reality rather than posturing. Maybe I’m a pussy--OK, I’m definitely a pussy--but guy was seriously intimidating. In the end, he was beyond cool to us and turned out to be a great interview, but I wouldn’t want to be on his bad side. source: Technorati Cosmos: related links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...