Oct 7, 2007

Ky-Mani Marley "Radio" #1 on Billboard's Reggae album chart.

..."Growing up, I was an athlete," says Marley. "I still am to this day. "So that's what I was leaning towards. Music, to me, I never thought about doing. It was a gift that I had that I didn't even know I had, you know what I mean? So it was different because, when I reflect on it now, I realize it was my destiny from day one and there's no way to get around it."

Ky-Mani Marley dropped his latest set entitled “Radio” on September 25, and the CD has debuted in the number one spot on Billboard's Reggae album chart.This album features guest appearances by G-Unit member Young Buck and R&B singer Mya.

“Radio,” which is the third album for Marley, his previous releases were "The Journey" and "Many More Roads," has given the artiste his third appearance on the Billboard Reggae chart.

"The Journey" peaked at number seven on the reggae album chart in 1999; while "Many More Roads" stalled at number seven in 2001. The set picked up a nomination for Best Reggae Album at the Grammy Awards the following year.

Ky-mani will starring in the upcoming BET reality television series "Living The Life Of Marley", which documents his up and downs while preparing for launching this album Radio. He'll also appear in the movie "The Return", which hits theatres next year.

SOURCE: Chart Attack


No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...