Feb 23, 2008

Common Reveals New Album

Common has been active in the studio working to release his next album, "The Believer" by November of this year. In a recent interview with MTV News, he stated, "I'm just getting in the mode. I been touring a lot and been working on verses here and there. Now, I'm starting to get focused on the album, letting it take its shape. And at the same time [I'll] be working on films, God willing."


Common appears in this spring's "Street Kings" with Keanu Reeves and Game, and in "Wanted" with Angelina Jolie, which should be hitting theaters June 27. He's also patiently waiting for his turn as the Green Lantern, if the "Justice League" movie will get back on track after being shelved during the writers' strike.



Common is also working on new material that he's collaborating with Q-Tip on. "Q-Tip and I been planning the Standard album," he said, referring to the duo the pair have formed. "We been conceptualizing, but we just gotta continue to work on it. We will. I look at it like two jazz musicians getting together, the way Charlie Parker and cats would get together and do work. I feel a lot more free with my music now that I'm doing films and stuff, because I don't put as much pressure on the music. It ain't my only source of income and way to make a living.



SOURCE: www.defsounds.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...