Sep 25, 2008

Highlanda.com. Big ups to top rated Baby Cham

This interview conducted in Atlanta after a Baby Cham performance is original content from the award-winning Highlanda.com. Big ups to top rated Baby Cham! Look out for the something new from Highlanda coming at you over the internet very soon.

Kahlil: Cham you just mashed up and leveled Planet Q. What do you have to say about the show?

Cham: Its like a regular night. Everyday of the week we work; Monday through Friday. We just thank the fans for coming out and showing us so much love. Each time we try to give them at least 190% worth of work, you know…?

Kahlil: When can we expect the next album?

Cham: At the end of this year or early next year. I’m in the studio right after this tour. I’ve been touring since last year October, non-stop. I’ll get a break now so I’ll be in the studio trying to get some tracks together for the next album

Kahlil: As far as influences and motivation, what’s your driving force right now?

Cham: I feel its my mother and son–straight up. And just love for the music and trying to see the music reach places. Music, in regards to reggae music and dancehall music as a whole.

Kahlil: …And who were some of the artists you looked up to when you were coming up also?

Cham: Dave Kelly, Buju Banton, Wayne Wonder, Major Worries, Shabba Ranks, the majority of the top entertainers from Jamaica. Every single entertainer that was mashing up the dancehall scene while I was attending school, those were the artists I tried to portray–DJ their lyrics. And now I can do my own and hopefully have youth trying to portray me and DJ my styles.

Kahlil: How do you deal with the negative people and influences in the music industry?

Cham: I stick around the positive. I never go around the negative. Negative ain’t good for you at all. I stick to my family. My family is positive to me and never show me a negative side. And that’s it.

Currently signed to Atlantic Records, Baby Cham is best known for his 2006 single "Ghetto Story," featuring Alicia Keyes. The song features the usual soulful vocals of Ms. Keyes as Baby Cham throws down on a rags-to-riches story. His no-holds-back lyrics on growing up in poverty, violence and crime proved to be so powerful that the song was banned on Jamaican airwaves.


SOURCE : Highlanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...