Feb 8, 2010

"Vocalist of the Year 2009" Cherine Anderson Response to EME Win

Singer/Songwriter Cherine (Anderson) was recognized with the "Vocalist of the Year 2009" award at the 6th Annual Excellence in Music and Entertainment Award ceremony in Kingston, Jamaica on Thursday, February 4, 2010. This marks Cherine's second EME award win and fifth nomination.

When asked how she felt about her win, she responded, "I feel honored to have won this award and really want to thank all who voted for me. It does feel good to be recognized for your work. My team Zlink Entertainment and I have put in a lot of hard work over the last year and it feels like everything is coming together. This award is really encouraging to me.I think people are beginning to understand me more as an artist, and that's all that I could ever ask for."

A stunning Cherine took to the stage in tribute to Studio One and ignited the crowd with her soulful voice singing a rendition of the Studio One classic "The First Cut is the Deepest". Cherine made an instant connection as she walked into the audience and performed up close and personal to their delight. "It was so much fun. I didn't feel pressured to sing the tune any particular way, so I just made it my own and I think the audience appreciated it."

SOURCE

MORE ON THIS ARTICLE BELOW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...