Apr 16, 2007

Mannie Fresh to release solo album

Mannie Fresh talked to MTV News' Mixtape Monday columnists today to drop some information on the next Juvenile album, on which he says, he'll be serving as executive producer. "Most of the tracks is gonna be mine, the rest is gonna be me putting him with the right producers, making sure the fans get what they wanna hear from Juvenile," he said of his role. The beatsmith had already alluded to such work with Juve, however, so the real news came when he announced that he'll also be putting out a solo album of sorts under his own name some time in the near future:

"I don't want to call it a compilation, but it's a chance for me to work with everybody I wanted to work with and put a project together. I'm actually signed as an act to Def Jam. And on top of that, I get to do whatever I want outside of that. It's not an exclusive deal, I'm just exclusively signed to Def Jam. They understand the hustle of the game, my daily activities." Anyone want to offer odds on whether this will be as good, better or worse than Shock Value?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...