Jun 16, 2007

Sean Kingston making big moves on Billboard 100

Sean Kingston is making strides on the Billboard charts with his debut single, ‘Beautiful Girls.” The song has jumped from number 57 to number 43 on the Billboard Hot 100. Kingston, a 17-year-old who migrated from Jamaica to Miami brings his very unique triple threat of talent of rapping, reggae chanting and soulful harmonisation to the musical game. He is the first artiste signed to producer JR Rotem's Beluga Heights label. Rotem has produced hits for the likes of 50 Cent, the Game, Rihanna and Snoop Dogg. "As an artiste, my whole goal is to make powerful and classic music," Sean revealed. "I want everyone to feel me and understand where I'm from and that's what this album will do. The music is all about an authentic Sean Kingston vibe. JR is a talented dude and a dope producer and he saw that I had something different than any other artist out there. Together we're a powerful force." In addition to JR, The Runners, Cool and Dre, DJ Felli Fell, and DJ Khaled will be supplying beats to his forthcoming project. In just a short time, Kingston has already done what few in his age bracket can accomplish, which is to garner some street credibility. He has two potential hits on his hands with Colors 2007 and the Jamaican remix. The reggae remix of Colors is a Caribbean hailstorm featuring Vybz Kartel and Kardinal Offishall. "The song is about representing every flag that you're loyal to whether it is Jamaica, the States, your block, etc. It's a lifestyle record that can be a street anthem no matter where you are. I couldn't ask for anybody better than The Game and Ross to join me on the track. The reggae version came up because I knew I had to do one special for Jamaica. The first person I thought of was Vybz Cartel. His verse came out crazy. Then Kardinal Offiishall, that's my homie, he really attacked the track," Kingston explained. Sean says he was inspired to write the record after he saw his family incarcerated when he was just 14 years old. "I always had my sister and my brother. My brother was doing his own thing, he was there but he was running around doing his own thing. When my mother and sister went away, it took a lot out of me. My sister went away for four months and my mom been away for over a year. When she went way, I was like 'nah man, this is too much'. I was only 14. I missed her like crazy but I pulled through and used it as my motivation. Prosecutor is a defining song on the album for me; nothing fake about it because it touches on something very personal to me. The dope melody that's on there makes me feel even closer to it." Music had always been in Kingston's blood. His uncle is Buju Banton and producer Jack Ruby is his grandfather. "In the future I want to have my own label and work on the business side," he said. "I went to acting school when I was younger, so I want to get into that. I want to get into every aspect of the business. It took me a little while to develop and build my sound, to find out who the real Sean Kingston was. I didn't know if I wanted to harmonise, or to rap. But I found out that I can do it all," he added. source:island events Technorati Cosmos: related links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...