Oct 4, 2007

Jamaican Dub Poet Neto Meeks Charged With Unlawful Wounding

Dub Poet Neto Meeks is now facing several charges after a dispute between himself and his spouse's sister turned ugly. Meeks who is one third of the group Royal African Soldiers and the son of son of poet Amina Blackwood-Meeks and University of the West Indies professor Brian Meeks is charged with unlawful wounding, malicious distruction of propert and possession of ganja.

Allegations against Meeks are that he attacked Charrah Waston in her home on Shortwood Road. The Grant Pen Police said they got reports that Meeks allegedly attacked the Miss Watson and held her in a 'choke hold' while pressing his knee into her lower back. He is also accused of inflicting several bite wounds and cuts to the woman, in addition to kicking in a door to a bedroom where the woman had locked herself in.

The viciousness of the attack was later confirmed when our staff members recieved an email with what seem to be Charrah Watson account of what happen on the night of the attcak and also what transpired at the police station and between the lawyers handling the case.

Here is extcert from the email "On entering the house I saw my attacker =, Neto Meeks son of a prominent media personality Amina Blackwood Meeks and Professor Brian Meeks, who had treaten to kill me on Wednesday September 26 in front of my mother and my niece. On seeing me enter Neto Meeks (son of Amina Blackwood Meeks and Professor Brian Meeks) eased up out the chair which he was sitting in. I proceed to walk pass him to enter my room, however I didn’t make it that far. As soon as I was about a foot/step infront of Neto Meeks (son of Amina Blackwood Meeks and Professor Brian Meeks) I felt a body pounced on me. Neto Meeks (son of Amina Blackwood Meeks and Professor Brian Meeks) jumped me from behind engulfing the entire left side of my body ( my school bag was still on my shoulder). I immediately reached into the side of my bag for a knife which I was advised by my sister Italee Watson to carry because she had reason to believe that I might be in danger." ( click here for complete email ) .

The case will be brought to the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court on October 9.

SOURCE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...