Sep 11, 2007

Sean Kingston lands the lead in Notorious B.I.G. movie

Sean Kingston is once again dominating the spotlight - this time for successfully auditioning to play the lead role in an upcoming featured film that biopic the life of slain Hip hop legend Christopher “Biggie Small” Wallace.

It’s understood that Fox Searchlight Pictures facilitated nation wide castings for persons interested in the role of the film said to be titled NOTORIOUS. Kingston however told hiphop-elements.com "When I first heard about that movie, it was through management. My management told me about it and you know I had auditioned for it and I met with the director and I nailed it and he gave me a shot now at being in the movie." His lack on big screen acting skills didn’t seem to be a problem for the casting selection team that was said to be deliberately searching for an unknown star to depict the music icon.

According to hiphop.com the movie will be produced by Voletta Wallace “B.I.G.'s mother” along side Wayne Barrow and Mark Pitts “members of B.I.G.'s former management team”. BadBoy Entertainment C.E.O and Owner of Sean John clothing & apparel Sean “P. DIDDY” Combs who will be the Executive Producer based on a screenplay written by Cheo Hodari Coker and Reggie Rock Bythewood. Though a schedule date for the film has not been confirmed as yet - fans of the late great Biggie Small can expect a great story.

Director of the film Tillman says, "Being a huge fan of Notorious B.I.G. as an artist, I'm excited to direct the biopic of Christopher Wallace. It's a truly epic tale. There's so much to the story that has yet to be told and I am humbled by the journey he took to become a man before his untimely death. This is an amazing opportunity to make an iconic film." As for the Beluga Heights artist Sean Kingston he has a new single climbing the Billboard Top 100 charts entitled “Mi Love”. “Mi Love” is the second single off the self titled album Sean Kingston.

Kingston who just recently took the # 1 spot on the UK Top 40 Charts from Kanye West has been enjoying global success for the first time in his musical career with his smashing hit single “Beautiful Girls” a remake of Ben E King’s 1961 classic “Stand by me”.

SOURCE

Technorati Cosmos: related links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...